Monday, August 31, 2009

My latest carving project

The wildfires in Utah today are unreal. Apparently, there is a huge fire by Schofield. The smoke from that fire has blown to Mt. Pleasant and beyond. It is so heavy that I can see only 3-4 blocks from our house. And the smell is so bad that we can't use the cooler. Oh, poor me. I should think about the poor people whose homes and property are being threatened and actually burned by these fires. I believe that several homes have been destroyed by Schofield, not to mention the other destruction by fire around the state. I hate wildfires. They seem so destructive and senseless. Thankfully, there hasn't been and lives lost from what I have heard.




I call it "Zombie Cat"



I am back to carving fairly regularly again. It's hard to keep anything going with much momentum in the summer. I finally finished a project I started in the spring. I get too many projects going. I need to finish some before I start on anything else. I love my Halloween carving book that Eric, Angela and Adam gave me for my birthday. I want to do everything in it, but I have backed myself into a corner with my projects. I have several Christmas things I have started and need to get finished also. If I can get my Nativity finished before too long, I can do another one or two Halloween projects.

It's great that I have another obsessive, oops I mean eager, carving fan to share things with. I knew Todd would be good at it because he is so artistic anyway. And I was right. He has a real eye for things and doesn't need the step-by-step instructions like I do. My things have their own primitive charm, but I think he has some real talent and will make me proud with his carvings in the future. Angela said that carving is good for him because it is both destructive and artistic, which describes Todd perfectly.


We went to DI's on Saturday. It was Janae's first time there. I'm a bad mom, depriving her of such a great store. We had a great time and found many wonderful things, which brings me to this next picture. I got this for $2. I think it's wonderful and I know I can do something great with it. I just want to know, though, if anyone knows what it is. I think I'm going to make a planter out of it, maybe, for the porch or something like that. So, what is it and what do you think I can do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment