Thursday, August 20, 2009

My kids are more interesting than I am

My life isn't very interesting, so I'll write about two of my kids today. Janae first. Yesterday she went with Cousin Roy to the livestock auction in Monroe. We cautioned each of them several times not to come home with anything for Janae. The last time Roy went, he bought a horse that had a baby and he wants to let Janae raise the baby. That's all fine and dandy as long as he keeps it at his place, which he is doing. So yesterday they came home with another horse, a two year old. It just so happens that this new horse is a full-blooded sister to the other baby. Apparently, there was a joyous reunion between mother and older baby. I had no idea that animals would remember each other after over a year's time. Janae says she wants to take her kids to auctions and buy horses and cattle and goats and who knows what else. She wants to live in Scipio and have a big farm close to some mountains. Scipio is close so that's okay with me.

Kristine is enjoying her roommates and school this year. Tuesday night she was at her friend, Katie's, apartment, just visiting. Katie's roommates were baking bread and getting unpacked, etc, when one of them started to cough. Then another started to cough and then they all started coughing. They were trying to laugh at the coincidence that they were all coughing at the same time, but they couldn't laugh because they were all coughing so hard. Then Katie checks her purse and exclaims, "My pepper spray went off!" They all ran for the door to get it cleared from their lungs. Everyone was okay. Then Kristine went to an apartment social where two little freshman boys fell in love with her.

Today I drove up to Provo to pick up a little, antique organ that we have been working on for a client. We have replaced one of the bellows, now a friend of ours has replace the reserve bellows. But the stupid thing still doesn't work!!! So our friend is going to replace the last bellows thingy that you don't know needs replacing until you replace the other two bellows. We hate this organ. We've been working on it for years, maybe two years; since before Lisa and Todd got married; maybe even before Eric went on his mission. It seems like forever. So I drove up to Provo for nothing, except that I got Janae and me some lunch at Arby's and I got a yummy strawberry limeade from Sonic.

After I got home I went to my carving group. We have been meeting very sporadically during the summer because our leader had a knee replacement in June. She is doing well now, but she has to have her other knee done in a few weeks. I have been planning out my project for the remainder of the year. It seems that I have my work cut out for me. Ha ha ha, bad pun! Anyway, I need to finish my nativity, make my Santa gifts, finish Noah and his dove, finish my Halloween stuff I have started, make more animal pairs for the arks and I don't know after that. I need to get serious again.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what you're talking about, I think you have a very serious and interesting life. And I fully intent to read about it frequently. By the way, I think you're hilarious. I can totally hear your voice in your narration of your life. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete