Sunday, August 16, 2009

I love Sundays, usually

I hate it when I can't sleep. It doesn't happen very often, thankfully. This morning I decided to just get up. I'm going to finish preparing my YW lesson. Usually I sleep in on Sunday, get up later, have a leisurely breakfast, take my time getting ready for Church, go to Church, have dinner, mess around and go to bed. What's not to love about Sundays, except for maybe Fast Sunday?

Today my Young Women's lesson is on repentance. I'm having a little bit of trouble preparing it. It's one of those basic principles that they have heard all of their lives. There is a lot of material I can pull from, but I want to approach it in a different way. So I'm having to think. Isn't that awful, having to think? Anyway, I'm slowly pulling all of my thoughts and ideas together into what I hope will be and interesting, spiritual, and useful lesson.

Kristine is moving back to school tomorrow. I'm glad to see my kids grow up and move on with their lives, but as they all know, I want them to do it closer to me. Kristine will be a sophomore this year, majoring in Child Care Management. Janae will be an only child again. She registers for her sophomore year in high school tomorrow also.

We just had the first annual James Arthur Busby Famly Reunion. Everyone came. That's not too hard because there are only nine of us so far, but we are growing. We were going to go backpacking, but the weather was threatening not to cooperate with us, so we stayed at the house. We played games and ate. Saturday, we did hike down to our little campsite that we like. The men hiked farther, looking for a larger, future family campsite, the women stayed at the original area and visited, and Adam entertained us all and ate dirt. A good time was had by all. Then it started to rain so we took refuge in the latrine area that is the most sheltered area of the campsite, avoiding the "toilet" and the tree sap. Then we hiked out and had a big bar-b-que. I was in much better condition than on previous trips, due to the week of backpacking in the Uintah's. I was quite pleased with myself. Oddly enough, no one thought to bring a camera, so none of this is recorded for posterity. The only pictures we took the whole weekend were of Adam, silly us.

No comments:

Post a Comment