Sunday, November 1, 2009

Be Less Than You Can Be

Gain no weight during the holidays.  Jim and I were too late to sign up for BYU's wellness initiative, so we are doing our own.  BYU's is called "Lean Santa".  The Army says, "Be All That You Can Be". We are calling ours, "Be Less Than You Can Be".  Anyone who wants to join in with us is more than welcome.

Our basic goal is this:
       Between  November 1, 2009 and January 2, 2010 no weight gain.
       Actually, we would like to post a weight loss during this time.

How we will do this:
                  1.  Weigh-in.  We had our official weigh-in this morning.  I will be posting only my stats, not because Jim isn't doing well.  He has been much better than I have been lately.  There is usually a 100 lb difference in our weight, but right now it is much less.  But this is my blog so I will only post my stats.
                   2.  Calories.  We are going to be eating 1500 calories each day.  Obviously, that's going to make Jim lose weight faster than me.  (Plus he's a MAN!)  He will be eating much less each day proportionately than I will. 
                   3.  Menus.  We are concentrating on eating lean meats, lots of vegetables and fruits, whole grains, little or no sugar or sugar substitutes.  We are making up some menus so I will have a guide to help me.  Any good recipes would be appreciated.
                   4.  Exercise.  We will be continuing our exercise program.  Details will follow.
                   5. Stress management.  The holidays can be really stressful and stress can lead to overeating.  We will be doing things to counteract stress and be aware of stress making situations.
                   6.  Keep track.  Keep track of what we are doing.  Jim uses a chart he has designed.  I use the website SparkPeople.com.  I love that website for keeping me on track.

      That's all I can think of for now.  This isn't a weight-loss blog, but it might seem like it is for the next little while.  That's what my life will be about.  Any encouragement, ideas, recipes, menus, positive comments will be appreciated.
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment