Tuesday, November 17, 2009

LX Player Piano System

I've been struggling with my fibromyalgia lately.  I hate that commercial where the lady whines about having fibro so I won't say much about it, just enough to say that I haven't been very productive with anything.  I haven't exercised since Lehman Caves, been eating really terrible, sleeping terrible.  So, I haven't been updating the blog like I want to. I'm just going to pull myself together and ignore all the health stuff.  I'll do the best that I can with eating and exercising, but not worry about it for now.

Jim and Max just installed another LX system.  Max came on Wednesday and left Saturday.  I think this installation went much better than the first.  There is always so much extra to figure out with each different piano.  Jim is still working on getting the pedals re-installed for manual use.  We will deliver it to Roosevelt on Saturday.

For those who don't know what an LX system is, here is an explanation.  The LX is a system that makes a regular piano a player piano.  It is the best one made in the world.  It is the only one that plays like a real person is playing, not mechanical like Disklavier.  The old players worked because the "player" pumped air into the piano.  The piano rolls had holes in them which triggered which keys to play.  Player systems today are electronic.  The LX has electronic "plungers" that push the keys.  Instead of player rolls, there are discs that can be played or music can be downloaded to MP3's.  Regular cd's can't be played.  Special encoded discs have to be used, but the LX can play all other system's discs.  I'm still working on figuring out how to download my dvd camera clips to my computer.  As soon as I do, I will post a clip of the piano playing.

Yawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment