Monday, July 26, 2010

Run for Ry

As many of you know, my four-year-old grand-nephew Rykert  (my sister Connie's grandson) has been diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy.  This has been devastating for the whole family.  He is such a sweet little guy.  Besides the blow of having to deal with such an degenerative disease, they are also dealing with the expense of raising a child with such special needs.  His young parents are not in any position, financially, to provide the extra necessities that he will require to live as normal a life as possible.

A website has been set up in Rykert's behalf.  

A 5K run is being held in Rykert's behalf sometime in October.  I hope that anyone who is in a position to, will sponsor me as I RUN for Ry.  And I mean run.  Jim and I are going to run the 5K.  We started our program this morning.  It's the Jillian Michaels program "From Sedentary to 5K in 8 Weeks."  There's not much I can do for the family, but I can get up off my big fat hiney chair and get running.

Please go to his website and look around.  There are several events in the planning stages and everyone is invited to join in.  Please keep this little boy and his family in your prayers.







No comments:

Post a Comment