Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Grand Gulch 3

Things I didn't like about our trip:

-the wind, gusts up to 55 mph.  I hate the wind.
-hayfever
-snow, rain, sleet, hail, and wind all in the same day
-59 creek crossings in one day.  I didn't count the other days.  It was one of the wettest springs on record.
-bruised toe from jumping across the streams about 150 times
-rocks falling off the mountains into our camp
-having to pack used toilet paper out
-having to hike up Bullet Canyon
-too much dried fruit and not enough Snickers

Things I liked about our trip:

-plenty of water to drink
-my new sleeping bag
-my sleeping pads
-hayfever meds
-walking poles,  they saved me from falling more times than I can count.  I have really bad balance from the fibro.
-individually packaged Wet Ones
-Snickers Bars
-my hiking boots
-individual hand warmers, I put them in my booties to keep my feet warm at night
-my down booties I sleep in
-my hand knitted socks that wick so well
-my hat, even though it is hideous, it keeps the sun and the rain off me
-a 23 lb pack
-it was mostly sunny
-the ruins, they were great
-good friends and meeting new friends on the trail
-Mountain House lasagne
-a great husband that would let me rest while he made dinner and served me in the tent out of the wind
-Ziploc bags
-Crystal Light, filtered water doesn't always taste very good.
-duct tape, great for torn pants among other things
-great kids at home that I could trust to keep things going

No comments:

Post a Comment